“ADDRESSING THE INDIAN RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS LEGACY”
TCVI through their Resolution Health Support Project provides ongoing emotional support, mental health and cultural/traditional healing referral services to former Indian Residential School Survivors and their immediate family members before, during and after:
- Common Experience Payments
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Independent Assessment Process
- Truth & Reconciliation Process
- Commemoration Process
Other IRS support services include:
- Information/Training workshops
- Debriefing sessions with appropriate cultural or religious support
- Information provided on independent assessment process on a one-to-one basis or in a group setting
- Referral services to lawyers, agencies, etc.
NETWORKING & PARTICIPATION
The lRS Coordinator and Resolution Health Support Worker participate in events, conferences and training sessions to maintain up to date information about Indian Residential School and healing processes.
- Networking and maintaining communication with local, regional and national aboriginal organizations involved in the IRS, Truth & Reconciliation Commission (TRC) commemoration process and cultural/religious events.
- Networking and maintaining communication with all churches and faith communities at the local, regional and national level.
- Planning and hosting commemoration events in communities and sharing of ideas and best practices on positive healing processes.
- Access resource materials on IRS Legacy (all mediums) and develop a resource library at TCVI.
Cultural Support Provider Elder Harry Watchmaker
780-343-6049 – Home
780-298-9467 – Cell
Indian Residential School Coordinator Harvey Young Chief
780-645-4288 – Work
780-614-0835 – Cell
Resolution Health Support Worker Doreen Waskewitch
780-645-4288 – Work
780-646-3325 – Cell
Health Canada – Mental Health and Cultural/Traditional Healing Referral Services:
(Available upon request)
Crisis Line (available 24/7) 1-866-925-4419